–Why are we doing this?
–Replacing all the humans.
–I don’t know. We’re pod people. It’s what we do.
–Do you want to?
–Want to what?
–Replace the humans.
–I don’t want to do anything. It’s all just…reflex. Know what I mean?
–I have no internal life.
–Pretty convincing how you still walk around and talk and all that though.
–Yep. I’d be convinced. I mean if I was human. I mean, I guess. How about you?
–Any internal life?
–Nope. Not a bit. Might as well be a bag of rocks.
–Pod people, am I right?
–You can say that again.
- Belonging to the emperor
- Embalmed ones
- Fabulous ones
- Included in this classification
- Innumerable ones
- Stray dogs
- Suckling pigs
- Those drawn with a very fine camel’s-hair brush
- Those that are trained
- Those that at a distance resemble flies
- Those that have just broken the flower vase
- Those that tremble as if they were mad